The Law Office of Kevin O'Grady, LLC

Serving Honolulu, HI Since 2009

Honolulu Criminal Defense Attorney

Honolulu Criminal Lawyer Defending Your Rights. Call Today (808) 521-3367.

At The Law Office of Kevin O'Grady, I focus on upholding the rights and interests of individuals throughout in Hawaii. Though the primary focus of my firm generally revolves around DUI defense in Hawaii, I also extend my practice to include various criminal defense matters.

In addition to DUI cases, I can also handle the following:

As a seasoned legal professional who has defended the rights of hundreds of clients throughout Honolulu, I understand that any type of criminal matter can bring about life-changing repercussions.

Regardless of how complex your case may seem, do not think that you will automatically be convicted! Contact our Honolulu criminal defense attorney today. 

With the help of a Honolulu criminal defense lawyer, you can fight the charges brought against you and move forward from your arrest as swiftly as possible. Do not face this legal battle as an army of one. Put my experience as a former prosecutor and a former active serviceman in your corner!

25+ Years of Proven Criminal Defense Experience in Your Corner

I am a staunch defender of the freedoms and constitutional rights that Americans enjoy. If you find yourself in a situation where you believe your rights have been violated, you must take immediate action. I fight for justice on behalf of my clients in Hawaii and have been doing so for years.

As your Honolulu criminal lawyer, I can advocate for your rights in the following cases:

  • Civil Rights Violations
  • Sexual Assault
  • Aggravated Assault

I'll Review Your Criminal Case for Free

My career spans over the course of over two decades worth of hands-on, real-world legal experience. My work has also included former prosecutor roles, allowing me to completely understand my clients from every point of the legal spectrum. Because I know how police officers, prosecutors, judges, and juries operate, I am often able to maneuver my clients' cases favorably and create enough leverage that can help secure the best possible result.

I also served on active duty for years, an experience that has instilled in me a strong work ethic and sense of duty and discipline. With this focus, I go to court prepared and equipped to accomplish a mission on behalf of my clients. I do not stand back as a civilian: I proactively take the effective actions needed to safeguard my clients.

Contact Attorney Kevin O'Grady 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation.

"My experience with Mr. O'Grady and his team was above and beyond. Communication was on point and everything was handled in a professional and timely manner. His success rate definitely reflects his knowledge and confidence. I could not imagine having gone through the case without him by my side."

Common DUI Questions

  • What is considered to be a DUI in Hawaii?
    Like most other states, drivers found to be operating a vehicle with a blood alcohol content (BAC) level of .08% or higher will be arrested for DUI. In order to measure a driver's BAC, officers often subject drivers to breath tests, blood tests, or urine tests. In other instances, a police officer may ask a driver to participate in a field sobriety test. In Hawaii you can be charged with per se (BAC) and or with impairment (regardless of your BAC).
  • I was arrested for a DUI. When should I talk to a lawyer?
    Immediately. In the state of Hawaii, a police officer will issue an instantaneous driver's license revocation upon a DUI arrest. Your attorney can take steps to request and or preserve evidence early after your arrest and can also speak with witnesses or visit the scene close in time to your arrest. Your attorney will be able to represent you during this administrative hearing, as well as any type of criminal proceeding thereafter.
  • What will happen to my driver's license if I do not petition a license revocation?
    If you fail to take action and request a hearing in a timely manner, you could be jeopardizing your driving privileges. Upon arrest, an arresting officer will issue you a Notice of Administrative Revocation. This notice will serve as a temporary driving permit for 30 days. An in-person administrative hearing must take place within 24 days of receiving a Notice of Revocation. Failure to take action on a first-time DUI offense could result in a mandatory driver's license revocation for up to 1 year.
  • Is it required by law to take a breath or chemical test?
    You do have the right to refuse a breath or chemical test, however, you will also face possible penalties as a result of refusing a chemical test. Admittedly, chemical tests are prone to error and inaccuracy, however, it will be imperative that you listen to law enforcement officers. Refusal of a breath or chemical test could result in a license revocation for up to 2 years on a first-time offense.
  • What happens if I failed a field sobriety test?
    Do not assume that your case will rely solely on the results yielded during a field sobriety test! Even if you have failed a field sobriety test, these tests are not always accurate and often do not take in special circumstances of the person taking the test.

    For example, people with health issues, coordination issues, or sight issues may not perform in a way that would suggest sobriety. Additionally, other external factors, such as uneven roads, weather, stress, or improper administration by the police officer could lead to erroneous results.

Let's Fight Together

  • Charged with DUI or OVUII in Honolulu? Discover how we can fight for your freedom!
  • With a history of successful results. We can fight together.
  • Hear from my former clients. Although I focus on the facts and the ethics of a case, I also make it a point to take the time to get to know my clients.

Fight Your Charge Today

I can provide the representation you need to win your case.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy