HONOLULU DUI ATTORNEY WITH 25+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
At The Law Office of Kevin O'Grady, LLC, I focus my practice on criminal defense, DUI defense, and civil rights litigation. Backed by more than 25 years of legal experience, I manage my cases with the highest degree of professionalism.
In every case, I want my clients to be informed of what to expect at every stage, and I make myself available to clients 24/7. At my firm, you won't feel like a case file. You will benefit from honest, personalized counsel.
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." - Red Adair
After earning a psychology degree from the University of Arizona in 1990, I graduated with an MS in Criminal Justice Administration at Chaminade University in Honolulu, Hawaii. In 1997, I earned my Juris Doctor cum laude from Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center in New York.
In over two decades of legal experience, I am fortunate to have gained exceptional legal training. This training includes working as a deputy prosecutor in state courts, a Special Assistant United States Attorney, and serving as a Judge Advocate in the U.S. Army, where I was a Trial Counsel (Prosecutor) and also a Senior Trial Counsel (senior military prosecutor). As a Judge Advocate I have also served as an Article 32 Investigating Officer and Preliminary Hearing Officer. I have experience on the mainland and Hawaii.
Equipped with these insights, I have been able to skillfully defend my clients' rights for years. In matters of DUI defense alone, my track record includes hundreds of successfully handled cases and with a 97.5% DUI/OVUII win rate*. I further have experience in matters of appeals and Second Amendment cases. I have experience in assault cases. I am the Legal Shield Attorney for Hawaii. Here at my firm, you can find well-rounded, knowledgeable defense.
CRIMINAL & DUI LAW EXPERIENCE
- Maricopa County Sheriff's Deputy
- Scottsdale Deputy Prosecuting Attorney
- Special Assistant U.S. Attorney at Ak-Chin Indian Tribe
- Domestic violence prosecutor and S.A.U.S.A. at Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Tribe
- Senior Trial Counsel (prosecutor) in United States Army
- Defense Attorney at The Law Office of Kevin O'Grady, LLC
- NHTSA/IACP Standardized Field Sobriety Test Trained & Qualified (2015)
- NHTSA/IACP Standardized Field Sobriety Test Instructor & Qualified (2016)
- Intoxilyzer 8000 Operator Trained (2012)
- Seminar on Criminal Discovery and Brady at annual Hawaii Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (HACDL) (2019)
- Seminar on DUI Basic Defense for HSBA (Hawaii State Bar Association) (March 2020)
- NCDD (National College for DUI Defense) Annual Summer Session speaker regarding DUI and the military client (2021)
DUI DEFENSE & LEGAL MEMBERSHIPS
- National College for DUI Defense
- NCDD State Delegate
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Hawaii Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Council of Second Amendment Lawyers
- NCDD Faculty Member
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Arizona State Bar Association